Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'd like YOU on my pizza


Today on the way in to work I had a flashback. The year December 1994. I was at Ricks College and Cathi was working full time at Pizza Hut in Rexberg. I was the head lifeguard at the Hart Building Pool. We were only married for a few months and still in the newlywed stage of life.

Sometimes I'd call and she would answer at pizza hut and the conversation would sometimes go like this:

Cathi: "Pizza Hut, can I take your order?"
Gords (with a deeper voice trying to sound like somebody else): "Yeah, I'd like two mediums with Sausage, Onions, Olives, Pepperoni and uh..... uh... YOU! on my pizza"
Cathi: "Oh my! Sir? Did I hear you right? You want ME? On your pizza?"
Gords (Trying not to laugh): "Uh Yea, can that be arranged?"
Cathi: "I don't think so sir, only my husband is able to have me on his pizza."
Gords: "Well, this is him. Hey baby! How about it?"
Cathi: "Well then, I'll be right over!"



And the goofy conversation would end. Many years later, every once in a while I'll tell Cathi "I'd like you on my pizza" and that gets a few laughs. Cathi was a great waitress. She is so hard working and great with people. I still would like her on my pizza. I'm still in amazement that I scored such a sweet lady. Here is a link to me doing my favorite thing in the whole world!

No comments: