Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Last night's vision

This morning when I awoke I remembered a dream I had.

I dreamt that I was able to visit an alternate reality.  I found myself suddenly sitting next to Cathi at a funeral. She was sitting next to a skinny guy with long greasy black hair with streaks of grey, and a beard.  Cathi was different.  She was heavier and had much shorter hair.  She looked sad.  Not because of the funeral, but she didn't look happy.  I was able to feel that her life wasn't as fulfilling as the one I know in this reality.

I began to talk to her and she didn't know who I was.  I whispered for her to please come with me into the hall and talk with me for a minute.  I don't know why she trusted me enough to do that, but when in the hall I began to explain to her that she needed to join me in my reality.  That in my reality she had seven young kids, we had a happy and fulfilling life together, that she was an athlete and beautiful mother.

Then I woke up, thanks to our early alarms.  We both were getting up to start our exercise for the day, and I started to share the dream with her.  It really made me so grateful for my blessings.  It made me kind of sentimental all morning during my swim.  I came up with this poem in my mind:


No comments: