If google search has any merit at all and someone does a search for the following terms:
- Company-wide email etiquette
- Business email policy
- Sending email to everyone in the company
- and any other, what should be, no-brainer type of ideas regarding sending internal spam to other employees.....
DON'T DO IT!
There's no bloody way, unless you're in a startup with 12 people, that you know every single person. So don't send company-wide emails that aren't business related! Subjects such as:
- I'm leaving the company, and it's been such a great time. I'll miss you. BULLCRAP!
- My daughter is selling girl scout cookies. She'd love to have your support. EVEN BIGGER BULLCRAP!
- "Free hugs" - just because someone left their laptop unlocked and stepped away doesn't give you the right to send an email to the whole company. If you think you're doing someone a favor, you're not. YOU SHOULD BE FIRED.
- Many other topics, some of which are actual business-related emails. Don't send an email to the entire company. Use Chatter, hangout groups, etc. Broad emails should be rare and not a common occurance. It's bad enough when VPs and 'C' violate company-wide email etiquette, but then I have to get a "goodbye" email from someone I've never met or heard of in my entire life. Knock it off damn it!