Wednesday, October 3, 2018

World armwrestling league 2018 championships - My take

I've been watching arm wrestling videos for over a year, ever since Jacob (well really it was my fault) really damaged my tendon.

Over this past year, I've developed some favorite players in the sport and become somewhat of a fan of the following pros:

But ultimately, my biggest idol in the sport is Devon Larrett.  So when I saw he was going up against Michael Todd (who is a friend of Geoff Hale, who is a guy I can't stand), I was excited.  I've seen several matches of Michael Todd mainly using his "Kings move", which in opinion is a ugly way to play, but not completely illegal in itself.

Here is the match where in my opinion Michael takes the King's Move into illegal territory where he rests he entire tricep on the table itself.  That is messed up! Check it out.




Look at 19:27-19:34 the ref is eyeing Devon the whole time and MTs shoulder looks below the pad and his tricep totally resting on the table. 

Look at the WAL rules here: http://www.walunderground.com/rules fouls #10. 

Something's gotta change, because the spirit of the sport is at a tipping point here I think. Just from an observer/fan perspective.  



No comments: