Friday, August 21, 2020

Order of Man - Gordon Gridley's principles of purpose

 As a subscriber of the Warrior Poet Society Network, I discovered this Order of Man podcast. I've watched and re-watched the first three episodes, and wow is that inspiring stuff!  

What are 7 virtues that I value and strive to employ in my life?  What are the principles that give me purpose in my life?

  • Dedication
    • Being true to my beliefs. Staying committed to family, friends, and my decisions.
  • Generosity
    • Putting others and their needs at the forefront. This corresponds to being a provider, and presider.
  • Mastery
    • The world is full of mediocrity. Being an expert takes discipline, and getting in the ring. Those who have experience can best share their skills and wisdom.
  • Thoughtfulness
    • Slowing down, analyzing the world around me compiling facts, testing ideas and sincerely trying to enhance the lives of those around me.
  • Responsibility
    • There are many who are called, but few a chosen.  Those who follow through win the prize. 
  • Helpfulness
    • Sincerely providing help where help is sought, without regard for return.
  • Fearless
    • In conjunction with gaining knowledge, able to discern risks and courageously take actions that demonstrate a willingness to overcome the natural man and self-serving comforts.


No comments: