Saturday, August 2, 2008

Two left feet

Cathi here...

At church two weeks ago, I looked down and Isaac (almost 5 years old) wasn't wearing church shoes. He was wearing tennis shoes that didn't match and at least one was on the wrong foot. To my dismay the next Sunday was a repeat of the same.

The typical routine on a Sunday morning is that I rely on the kids to get their shoes on and will ask when we get in the car if everyone has shoes on. I guess the real question from now on shouldn't be if they have shoes on but if they have matching shoes on.

Why is it that children have a 50/50 chance of getting their shoes on the right feet but they rarely get them on the right feet. At least it doesn't seem to bother them.

"Got to love those Gridleys. They make it to church but you never know who will be wearing what. It's always entertaining." I love being a mother but yet again I have been sufficiently humbled.

No comments: