Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Septoplasty - it's done!



So this morning I got up and went with Cathi to the surgical center in Bountiful to get my polyps removed and my septum corrected. Was there waiting for about 2 hours before finally getting in there. Cathi and I talked and flirted in the prep room for a good 45 minutes. It was fun. They put the IV in and it was my first time with an IV. Not a big deal at all.

When the anesthesiologist got there and explained everything he injected the anesthetic into my IV and I was gone in less than 10 seconds. I don't remember a single thing. Next thing I remember someone asked me for a pain scale. "7" I said and they gave me something and it went down to about a 5.

It took me a good 3 hours after initially waking up to get to where I wasn't dizzy. Right now I'm feeling fine except I can't breathe through my nose, but that isn't something I'm used to anyway. Just trying to control the bleeding. I should be able to breathe through my nose in a couple days.

The kids have been so loving and Cathi has been such a great nurse! I'm sure blessed to have such a great support system.

1 comment:

temaire said...

Glad you came through okay! :) Hopefully you can breath now.