Monday, November 26, 2007

Review of SanDisk 1GB Cruzer Micro (U3)

SanDisk 1GB Cruzer Micro
Today I bought four SanDisk 1 GB Cruzer Micro's from Walmart for $18 each. I first noticed that it was preloaded with stuff which I didn't want so I formated the drive. It removed the preloaded stuff (so I thought). I started putting stuff on them. I started getting errors like "Path too deep" and "I/O error" when copying some jar and zip files. I didn't get this error on all the jump drives I copied data to. Just a couple.

I noticed that when I plugged them in that it also created a virtual CD drive with some crap on it. I reformated the drive again and noticed that there was still 4 MB or so that the drive didn't have free. I researched and found that the U3 launchpad needed to be removed using a special program found here -> http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1415
Once I ran the removal program, I was able to load the jar and zip files without problems.

Gotta love company's who try to preload all sorts of crap on my drives! Don't presume to know what I want! Anyhow - after I got that stuff removed I'm happy with the product.

No comments: